Help Center | Print Page | Sign In | Register
How can you include stakeholders in retrospectives?
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

7/18/2016 at 9:04:33 PM GMT
How can you include stakeholders in retrospectives?
How can you include stakeholders in retrospectives without inducing fear from team members that dirty laundry will be exposed unnecessarily?

8/23/2016 at 11:06:24 PM GMT
One of the great truisms of Scrum/Agile is that transparency exposes those parts of the process that simply aren't working. Of course, the term "dirty laundry" is unspecific and can refer to anything that makes one or members of the team uncomfortable. Scrum Masters are designed to have role that encourages them to understand dirty laundry as one or more impediments that should be resolved to help the organization become more effective. Accordingly, I recommend contacting engaging your Scrum Master to see if they can help you clean your dirty laundry.

9/23/2016 at 7:21:53 AM GMT

I first would like to understand why you want to invite stakeholders in the retro.
In my opinion the retro is invented to let the team inspect the work they've done and the way they did it. If there is 'dirty laundry' i would expect the team to work on that specifically and work out improvement tasks to pick up right away.

so i would say, work on the dirty laundry first, and if there is a need to bring any stakeholders into your retro, do it as soon as your team feels comfortable. 

Last edited Friday, September 23, 2016
12/26/2016 at 1:15:53 AM GMT

Scrum Masters are designed to have role that encourages them to understand dirty laundry as one or more impediments that should be resolved to help the organization become more effective. Accordingly, I recommend contacting engaging your Scrum Master to see if they can help you clean your dirty laundry.

Last edited Sunday, December 25, 2016
5/12/2017 at 7:43:49 AM GMT
If not necessary, don't do it.
If necessary, communicate with team first.

破庙上坐望月笑,夜度青蛇盗灵草

6/13/2017 at 1:04:38 PM GMT
Communicating with team can help..

8/31/2017 at 10:09:37 AM GMT
In our case, during Retrospective meeting, stakeholders generally do not participate. But during Sprint Review, they give valuable feedbacks which are quite necessary to be discussed during Sprint Retro. Sometimes stakeholders may desire to attend the retrospective. They have the right to attend the meeting, however, they should refrain from disrupting the meeting flow. If the team feels uncomfortable discussing certain issues in presence of them, then the team has a right to restrict certain individuals in attending the meeting.
Scrum supports transparency, but it does not do so if the process flow is affected in any manner.

AgileCareers is dedicated to connecting Scrum and Agile organizations with qualified, passionate Agile professionals. We strive to Transform the World of Work by offering a platform that has the resources and technology to help build those professional synergies.